The IEEE Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics, and Frequency Control Society (UFFC-S) Nominations Committee seeks nominations for outstanding members of the Society to be considered for inclusion on the ballot for election to its Administration Committee (AdCom) for the term of office from 2021 to 2023. The nominees will first be considered for inclusion on the 2020 ballot. After the ballot is approved by AdCom, it will be sent to all IEEE UFFC-S members for election. The Deadline for submissions of nominations will be provided in early 2020.
The UFFC-S AdCom is the highest governing body of UFFC-S. For more information on AdCom, including duties and responsibilities, the time commitment, and travel support, please view the document “Information on Operations of IEEE UFFC-S AdCom”.
Four Elected AdCom Members will be elected from the slate of candidates on the ballot, one from each of the following:
- Frequency Control;
- (IEEE Regions 8-10 (Region 8: Europe/Africa; Region 9: South America; and Region 10: Asia/Pacific)
- Nominations will be accepted from the general membership. Self-nominations are welcome. All nominations are to be submitted via email to the Chair of the UFFC-S Nominations Committee: Nazanin Bassiri-Gharb firstname.lastname@example.org
- The following information and documents are required from the nominees:
- Name of nominee (First and Last names)
- Email address of nominee
- Affiliation and physical address (including country)
- Phone number
- IEEE Membership # (if the nominee is not an IEEE UFFC-S member, he/she MUST join IEEE UFFC-S first here – only members of both IEEE and UFFC-S are eligible for consideration)
- Indicate main technical area (choose from one of these): (a) Ultrasonics, (b) Ferroelectrics, (c) Frequency Control)
- One-page CV (including a portrait photo) highlighting IEEE and UFFC-S contributions, activities in other professional organizations, and major accomplishments.
- Detailed CV for evaluation by the UFFC-S Nominations Committee
- A confirmation that the nominee is willing to be considered by the Nominations Committee (except for self-nominations)
- An endorsement letter from the nominator (optional)